We’re always on the look out for good resources that you, the musicians, might find useful. This might be information on touring, direct-to-fan marketing, contractual legal advice and anything else we come across.
We’ve been getting a few emails asking us the eternal question: “How do you get support slots with touring bands?”. Well, there’s no real ‘secret formula’ but there is this handy post over on the Live Unsigned website. Some really good tips, you should definitely take a look.
Here’s what the post covers:
- Make friends with the bands you want to support
- Build relationships with promoters
- Approach your contacts at the right time
- Play for free (as long as you are happy with the exposure you’ll get)
- Remember that some support slots are paid for
- Focus on support slots in your local area
Nothing substitutes hard work, so always focus writing the best songs you can, improving your live set, being professional at all times and building your fanbase.
Want to know more about touring? How about direct to fan marketing? We’re inviting you to tell us what you want to know more about. Help us set our agenda – tell us hereTweet